- To be valid, the authorized cause of disease should comply with prescribed standards.
The legal basis is the P.D. 442, otherwise known as the Labor Code, Supreme Court Decisions, and DOLE Regulations.
Standards have been set or prescribed for each authorized cause through Supreme Court Decisions and DOLE regulations, such as Department Order No. 147, series of 2015.
Standards for Disease
The standards are:
1. The employee must be suffering from any disease;
2. The continued employment of the employee is prohibited by law or prejudicial to his/her health as well as to the health of his/her co-employees; and,
3. There must be a certification by a competent public health authority that the disease is incurable within a period of six (6) months even with proper medical treatment.
- 1987 Constitution
- Presidential Decree No. 442, a.k.a. Labor Code
- DOLE Department Order No. 147, Series of 2015
- Jurisprudence or Supreme Court Decisions
Lawyer, Author, Mentor