B – Redundancy
▪ To be valid, the authorized cause of redundancy should comply with prescribed standards.
2. Standards for Redundancy
The standards are:
1. There must be superfluous positions or services of employees;
2. The positions or services are in excess of what is reasonably demanded by the actual requirements of the enterprise to operate in an economical and efficient manner;
3. There must be good faith in abolishing redundant positions;
4. There must be fair and reasonable criteria in selecting the employees to be terminated; and,
5. There must be an adequate proof of such redundancy such as but not limited to the new staffing pattern, feasibility studies/proposal, on the viability of the newly created positions, job description and the approval by the management of the restructuring.
▪ 1987 Philippine Constitution
▪ Presidential Decree No. 442, a.k.a. Labor Code
▪ Department of Labor and Employment, Department Order No. 147, Series of 2015
▪ Jurisprudence or Supreme Court Decisions
Lawyer, Author, Mentor